Candles are a great way to add warmth and atmosphere to the home but they can also be very harmful to the environment!
Paraffin wax is made from petroleum and produces carcinogens and soot when burned. The toxins it emits can also trigger allergies.
In fact, one air quality researcher stated that the soot from a paraffin candle contains many of the same toxins produced by burning diesel fuel.
Paraffin candles give off petrol-carbon soot which can blacken walls, ceilings, and furniture, as well as add toxic carcinogens into the air you breathe.
Vegetable/Plant wax candles are available which are 100% non toxic. They burn cleaner so are less likely to trigger allergies. They also burn slower and completely unlike paraffin wax candles. This year, why not create that wonderfully romantic atmosphere whilst being kinder to your health and the environment?