Do you watch Love Your Garden – the ITV show where Alan Titchmarsh together with colleagues David Domoney, Frances Tophill and Katie Rushworth surprise deserving people across the UK by transforming their outdoor spaces into stunning gardens?
This year, Love your Garden is trying something new and want to inspire the UK to do more DIY gardening projects at home. The team is looking to follow DIY/novice gardeners/residents and any upcoming domestic garden projects they want to do at home themselves/or on an allotment.
Could that be you? Would you like to be featured on Love Your Garden and get help with a makeover from Alan and his team?
Projects with an emphasis on wildlife, grow-your-own, maximising space and projects with an element of recycling are of particular interest. The following are some examples, although you can apply and submit any ideas you have:
- Wildlife pond
- Flower meadow from seed
- Unusual raised bed project eg out of furniture?
- Vertical gardens perhaps in a limited space, on a roof terrace perhaps?
- To find a novice gardener who is willing to let us set up a new build in their space and willing to take care of it for 6-8 weeks and do a video diary for us
- A naturalistic kid’s den or play area
- Make your shed look prettier with edible vines
Successful projects will be followed over a 6-8 week period.
What an excellent opportunity! Wouldn’t it be fabulous to get an exciting project completed with the help of Alan Titchmarsh and team AND also appear on TV?
How to apply to be featured on Love Your Garden
Either complete the application which you can find on the Love Your Garden website or email Anna Altounyan, Assistant Producer, with photos of your garden and a description of the project you are doing/hoping to start. Email: Anna.Altounyan@spungoldtv.com