Recently, EdwardÂ Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at CastleÂ Â Hospital , was on a TV program to explain this healthÂ hazard.
He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that containÂ fat.
He explained that the combination of fat, high heat and plastic releasesÂ dioxin into the body.
Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, PyrexÂ or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without theÂ dioxin! So, such things as TV dinners, instant soups, etc., should beÂ removed from the container and heated in something else.Â Â
Paper isn’t bad but you don’t know what is in theÂ paper. It’s just safer to use temperedÂ glass,Â Corning Ware,Â etc..
HeÂ reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of theÂ reasons…
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran wrap,Â is just as dangerous whenÂ placedÂ over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, theÂ highÂ heatÂ causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap andÂ drip into the food.Â CoverÂ food with a paper towelÂ instead.Tags: breast cancer, dioxins, doxins. microwaves, microwave cooking, plastic, plastic film