ALL EVENTS LISTED IN OUR APRIL AND MAY CALENDAR ARE NOW POSITIVE, ONLINE VIRTUAL EVENTS.
If you are holding date specific online events that can help individuals during these challenging times, you are welcome to add these events to the calendar (using the green button below) providing you are a charity or community group and/or the events are free to access.
Please note: The events in Essex featured are all third party events: Healthy Life Essex is not normally directly involved in organising or running any of these events. As events may be cancelled or details changed without us being informed, please always clarify details with the organiser/contact listed. Healthy Life Essex cannot accept responsibility for incorrect information shown on our events listings.
Directory advertisers can add their own ad hoc events free of charge as can most charities. Other events may incur a cost. The directors reserve the right not to accept entries or to make a small charge.
Time to Change Social Contact training is aimed at anyone who has suffered with mental health issues and, as a result of their personal experiences, would like to help make a difference by sharing those experiences and encouraging more openness and conversations.
This training will develop participants’ skills, knowledge, understanding and confidence in opening up a conversation in everyday life to improve negative attitudes surrounding mental health.
After completing this training you will be able to:
• Explain what social contact is and how to start conversations with others in everyday life
• Explain what lived experience is
• Challenge stereotypes and negative attitudes to mental health
• Use different ways to end conversations and to ask for help if necessary
• Use relevant resources on the Time To Change website
• Establish your own personal boundaries when having conversations