ALL EVENTS LISTED IN OUR APRIL AND MAY CALENDAR ARE NOW POSITIVE, ONLINE VIRTUAL EVENTS.
If you are holding date specific online events that can help individuals during these challenging times, you are welcome to add these events to the calendar (using the green button below) providing you are a charity or community group and/or the events are free to access.
Please note: The events in Essex featured are all third party events: Healthy Life Essex is not normally directly involved in organising or running any of these events. As events may be cancelled or details changed without us being informed, please always clarify details with the organiser/contact listed. Healthy Life Essex cannot accept responsibility for incorrect information shown on our events listings.
Directory advertisers can add their own ad hoc events free of charge as can most charities. Other events may incur a cost. The directors reserve the right not to accept entries or to make a small charge.
One event on 29th March 2021 at 9:00 am
South East and Central Essex Mind are pleased to offer an MHFA England Accredited Online Mental Health First Aid Course for just £126 (RRP £300)
Please note: Ticket Sales Closing Date is the 15th March. CLICK HERE TO BOOK
The event requires online attendance from 09:00 to 17:00 on Friday 26th March and Monday 29th March as well as a total of 4 hours of preparatory self-paced learning ahead of and between the course dates.
This two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
• An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
• An understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
There are 2 days of live online sessions and delegates need to be able to attend all of the online program to receive a Mental Health First Aider certificate. There are self-learning modules which need to be completed ahead of each live session and can be done at a time and pace that suits individuals. The online self-learning can take up to 4 hours.
Ahead of the first day delegates will receive course portal joining details and their learning pack will be posted directly to their home address which includes a workbook, manual, action plan and certificate. On completion of the live sessions and self-learning delegates will be certified as Mental Health First Aiders. Delegates will NOT get a certificate until after they have completed the course.
This course is for anyone who wishes to have a greater understanding of mental health and how best to support themselves and others, whether it be family, friends, colleagues or staff. This is especially of value in our current Covid-19 environment.
The course is also of use in the working environment for Line management and HR. We discuss line managers provision with staff returning to work or working from home, the impact C19 has had relationally, mentally, and individually, how to build healthy, resilient teams.
For individuals building health and resilient teams in the workplace, learn more about being proactive around mental health and wellbeing as well as supporting others who are in a crisis situation.
We are delivering this session in partnership with Liz Rotherham from Heads2Minds
The certified course includes:
• A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
• A manual to refer to whenever you need it
• A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Additional details can be obtained by e-mail: email@example.com